Vacuuming very fine dust/dirt

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
wilbanks51
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby wilbanks51 » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 07:34

My vacuum will not pick up the very fine dirt on pool bottom. Also, do the pool people make a sock that will easily fit in the skimmer basket? I've tried to brush the fine dirt off of the bottom, but it just settles some where else.
thanks

TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 15:10

wilbanks51 wrote:My vacuum will not pick up the very fine dirt on pool bottom. Also, do the pool people make a sock that will easily fit in the skimmer basket? I've tried to brush the fine dirt off of the bottom, but it just settles some where else.
thanks

When you say vacuum, do you mean using the "Leaf Master" garden hose attachment? IF so, that will never pick up fine dirt. You will need to use your vacuum hose, vacuum head and pool pump to pick up fine dirt.

Yes, there is such as thing as a skimmer sock. Most pool stores carry them. Be sure to know the diameter of your skimmer basket before purchasing one.
IneedHelp
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 50 m2 overflow pool
85 m3 water
sand filter

Re: Vacuuming very fine dust/dirt

Postby IneedHelp » Mon 02 Nov, 2015 08:40

Could try vacuuming to waste
gfarrenkopf
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Oval, 25ft by 15ft, single-speed 1hp pump, and cartridge filter.

Re: Vacuuming very fine dust/dirt

Postby gfarrenkopf » Thu 03 Dec, 2015 16:11

It is always a pain cleaning up all the stuff that sinks to the bottom of the pool. Dust/dirt are particularly tricky. Maybe you should try something that catches it while its still floating.

I found this blog post about the importance of cleaning floating debris before it sinks or is even captured by the skimmer: skimking

Interesting little robot. Hope this helps :D

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”