Need help regarding water

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
ppaulinejones

Postby ppaulinejones » Wed 23 Jul, 2014 13:19

Hi I have small above ground pool and am confused about chemicals . I have been using chlorine tabs and algaecide and water looks fine but test strips show chlorine ppm as 10, ph about 7 and alkalinity about 40. Can someone give me advice on what I'm doing wrong. I put chlorine tabs in floating dispenser. Thanks in advance for any help.

CyricDamascus
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 8,000 gallon
Plaster
Variable speed cartridge/Nature 2
Chlorination: Calcium Hypochlorite/Tabs

Postby CyricDamascus » Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:02

Get yourself a good test, i recommend the TF100 from TFTESTKITS.NET once you get that we can get you all started
StephenH
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool is very large and awesome parts :P

Re: Need help regarding water

Postby StephenH » Wed 13 Jan, 2016 05:31

Agree with CyricDamascus....
Glen123
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 1 yard, brick type, white surface, quality pump and filter.

Postby Glen123 » Wed 13 Jan, 2016 07:21

It is true that the amount of bather wastes is not just dependent upon pool size. A small above ground pool will require less chlorine than a big inground pool. The chlorine requirements, of a pool, are not strictly based upon the water volume. ActualModel SR salt chlorine generator, for all types of pools. pool usage must be factored into the maintenance procedures. Smaller pools can be depleted of chlorine more quickly than larger pools, if the bather usage is similar. In order to maintain a more uniform chlorine level, a chlorine feeder is a worthwhile consideration. Smaller pools can get by with a floating feeder, although there is a risk of vinyl liner damage, if the floating chlorinator remains in prolonged contact with the pool walls. An inline chlorinator is always a better choice. To regulate the amount of chlorine, it is important to test for Free Chlorine on a daily basis and even more often during periods of high bather usage. In addition, it may be necessary to supplement a chlorinator with periodic additions of a quick dissolving chlorine or shock, during or after periods of high bather demand. In short, small pools do require more diligent attention, if problems are to be avoided. New and affordably priced ways to chlorinate a pool includes the Model SR Salt Chlorine Generator or Model DO Drape-Over Salt Chlorine Generator. They works well in most above ground pools, installation is minimally simple and no plumbing is required. It can make all the chlorine your pool requires, without handling or storing chlorine. I hope that I have been of assistance.
SpamFighter123

Postby SpamFighter123 » Thu 14 Jan, 2016 05:39

Glen123

Why are you pasting posts here that were written on another website 3 years ago? (askalanaquestioncom)

What is your real agenda here?
bryanwalker
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small pool with granite counter tops and many more things.

Postby bryanwalker » Mon 08 Feb, 2016 05:49

Good info posted Glen but yes why you posted :D
Glen123
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 1 yard, brick type, white surface, quality pump and filter.

Postby Glen123 » Thu 11 Feb, 2016 05:17

Dear i read it somewhere so i posted it but sorry that i didn't put the ref link..

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”