I have no idea what I'm doing

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Mynamesalyss
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a 12 foot round, 4 feet deep. I have a filter in my skimmer compartment. It looks like an accordion. I have a pump which is connected to the skimmer compartment. Do I need an additional filter system? I can't seem to find a YouTube video showing how to vacuum this type of system. I just see sand filters and back washing. And I'm just so confused.

I have no idea what I'm doing

Postby Mynamesalyss » Sun 17 Jul, 2016 00:33

My boyfriend has a 12 foot round, 4 feet deep above ground pool. This is the first year he's taking care of it himself and he is clueless. As am I. He has a filter in the skimmer compartment. It looks like an accordion. He have a pump which is connected to the skimmer compartment. It's been this way for years when his mom had the pool. Do we need an additional filter system? I can't seem to find a YouTube video showing how to vacuum this type of system. I just see sand filters and back washing. And I'm just so confused. It just will not get clean. When I go to vacuum it it's like whatever I'm vacuuming is just coming back into the pool through the return.

paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Re: I have no idea what I'm doing

Postby paulbest » Wed 20 Jul, 2016 22:16

Is the pump connected to the skimmer compartment still working well? Instead of a vacuum system that is attached to the pipe line, there are automatic pool vacuum cleaners in the market you can use. They are much more efficient. If not, you can call your local pool cleaning service if this issue still makes you confused on what to do.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: I have no idea what I'm doing

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 21 Jul, 2016 04:33

I have no knowledge of your type of pool and filtration but I suspect that your filter is damaged.
Replacements must be available. Look for any identification of the pool and filter or take it out and visit a pool store for a replacement

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”