Robot doesn't pick up fine dirt

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Toontje
I'm new here
I'm new here

Robot doesn't pick up fine dirt

Postby Toontje » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:20

Hi all!

First pool, first problem so first post on this forum.

I just entered in a for us new house with a pool. All is well, all seems to be working fine, all i am doing as "maintenance" on the pool is clean it and check pH and Cl. Everything under control except for one small thing:

On the floor of the pool i lately see fine graned dirt. Looks like dust almost. When i enter the pool i can kick it up and it disappears into the water. Until it settles again on the bottom of the pool, of course.
I have a Dolphin automatic pool floor cleaning robot, but all it does is kick the dirt around. It doesn't get caught in the filter of the robot. I recently replaced the filters but i still have this issue.
What can i do apart from manually clean it with a vacuum cleaner?

Thanks for your help,

Ton.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Robot doesn't pick up fine dirt

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 24 Jul, 2016 17:09

Try reading this http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/ there is a ton of info there
The dirt may be to fine use a flocculant to bind the fine dust together
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby paulbest » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:39

Hi Toontje,

What is the model of your Dolphin robotic pool cleaner? Perhaps it doesnt have the feature of picking up large debris, only fine dirt? There are other vacuum cleaners or robot cleaners that collect large debris as well. I see you have changed filter. Is it a brand new machine? If so, you need to have it checked especially if under warranty.

If the cleaner also comes with remote, you can maneuver the dirty area as you please.
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby paulbest » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 00:05

Hi there!

first of all, I just want to ask what model of Dolphin pool cleaner are you using? Dolphins had a lot of good robotic pool cleaner however each has its distinct characteristic. some are capable of gathering large and fine debris, others can only gather fine silt and vice versa.

secondly, robotic pool cleaners help you out big time and is not created to add stress and frustrations. all robotic pool cleaners are purchased with warranty, you might want to let it check on what's really going on.

thirdly, since you've mentioned that you just replaced your filter and still the same thing happens, you might want to check the assembly of your robotic pool cleaner, making sure everything is not damaged, all is tight and you are not missing any intake valve flaps. these valve flaps are indispensable in preventing the debris from falling out when your unit automatically shuts off or while lifting the vacuum out of the pool.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”