vacuum and algae issue

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
itchintoswim
I'm new here
I'm new here

vacuum and algae issue

Postby itchintoswim » Mon 24 Jul, 2006 09:57

Hi everyone-I am in desperate need of help. I have Green Algae and my pool is an Intex, about 7300 gallons. I hook the vacuum to the skimmer inside the pool. When I vacuum, the water (Green) goes right back into the pool after the filtering. The debris is getting trapped, just green water is going right back in. I have checked the filter and wash it out all the time. Please someone help us, I have not been able to swim for about 1 month!

Thank you so much
If someone has this brand pf pool, I would like to know if you have had this problem:)

GotCoffee
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby GotCoffee » Mon 31 Jul, 2006 21:12

I have the 18' model, about 5,000 gallons. I used Aqua Chem Algaecide liquid. Put the recommended amounts in. Waited two days and then did it again. I now keep the pool covered when not using it and change the filter every day. When the water was green, I changed the filter every night and morning. It took my pool about a week to get all the green out and for the water to become clear again.

I have two filter cartridges and clean them with high pressure from the water hose. I didn't put new ones in when I said change the filter.

We have three kids so we tell them "light" with the sunblock. It was clouding the water really bad.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”