Black patches on bottom brand new concrete pool. Please please please help

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Simo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Square pool built in Nov 2018 - 30000 liters

Black patches on bottom brand new concrete pool. Please please please help

Postby Simo » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:27

Hi

We had a new concrete pool installed in November last year. While digging the pool builder hit a water table. 3 months after completion the pool started getting black marks on the bottom.But you can only see the black marks when the pool is shaded. In full sun light you can not see the marks. I have had pool companies come over and know one can fix it with chemicals... They all say its not black spot. It seems to be lynching from underneath and its getting worse. The pool builder has been really bad. saying for 4 months he is coming back but has not. Plus now all of the pool coping is now lifting off and the pool light is now flickering like crazy. To top it all off. Everyone in the family is getting very bad ear infections after they swim... I'm at my end with this!!! it has cost me $50k and the pool builder has been extremely bad and not coming back to us at all... What can i do please help us!!!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Black patches on bottom brand new concrete pool. Please please please help

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 02:44

If it's a fault with the pool and the PB is unresponsive employ a well respected surveyor and proceed with legal action

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”