Leaking pool

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
A.Y.- HELP!!

Leaking pool

Postby A.Y.- HELP!! » Sun 27 Aug, 2006 12:44

Hi! Does anybody have any suggetions on how to find a hole in a pool liner? I have an above ground pool. I have let the water leak out untill it stopped on it's own. I am assuming that the leak is at this level +or- a bit. I have already gone around twice. Is there any tricks on finding the hole? HELP!!
Thanks!!

Here in North Carolina

To find a leak

Postby Here in North Carolina » Mon 18 Sep, 2006 09:17

:D Yes, there is a way to find a leak. You say that the water level stops after a certain point correct? First, normal evaporation will happen in the hot summer months. I was told a 1/2" is common in a couple of days. Second, if the water level drops every day after filling it back up, get a syringe, fill it with food coloring dye, dark color is preffered, and look for any bumps of dark pin holes in your linning. Water must cover the hole to do this test. Squeeze syringe with the dye in it, around the area in question and if there is a leak, the dye will be sucked up into the hole.
Once you find the hole, repair with underwater reapair kit that goes for about $5. Follow directions carefully. That's it! Good luck. Also it may be a good idea to get into the habit of not having any sharp objects, (toys) in the pool. I found out the hard way.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”