Please! Help re. rain making water level dangerously high!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
lisa1952
I'm new here
I'm new here

Please! Help re. rain making water level dangerously high!

Postby lisa1952 » Sat 30 Dec, 2006 08:15

We just are moving into our home and the skies opened up with a LOT of rain. (Ft Worth, TX) I am concerned about how high the water level is, and that it might overflow, flooding the house. Is there something I can do? (Does it sound obvious that we never have had a pool before?)

One of our adult children borrowed a book that we just bought to read while on a trip so that she can help with the maintenance...OOOPS!

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Lisa

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Sat 30 Dec, 2006 16:40

Usually on the filter valve there is a position called Waste.

Turn your pump off - if it is running
Turn the valve to waste
Turn the pump on and let it run until the pool is at the level you want.

HTH
lisa1952
I'm new here
I'm new here

thanks for the reply!

Postby lisa1952 » Mon 01 Jan, 2007 00:58

Your directions are very clear and precise; exactly what i need! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I will have to figure this stuff out, but at least my daughter is back in town with the book, so i should be able to figure it out.

Thanks! i've already learned a bit about winterizing...don't know what most of it means, but will figure it out, hopefully, using the book.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer. Now, if I can just get this done before the next rain! ( i think that it's Tuesday?).

Thanks so much!

Lisa

Postby Guest » Sun 28 Jan, 2007 23:19

Hello. I had a similar experience. I am a new pool owner and it happened to rain a lot a few weeks ago. I was concerned that I would have thousands of gallons of water flooding my house. I spoke with my pool guy and he told me that it is nothing to worry about. If the water gets to a point that it can overflow the pool, it acts as though it is concrete. In other words, the water in the pool does not start flooding the entire area.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”