Inground Vinyl Pool... please help

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Sparrow
I'm new here
I'm new here

Inground Vinyl Pool... please help

Postby Sparrow » Mon 23 Apr, 2007 21:46

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am a new pool owner.

We recently bought a home and now what we have is a vinyl pool that we emptied with a sump pump, however water has gotten underneath the vinyl and it is impossible to drain. We were also left with a hayward super pump.. This is all confusing for me, I just want to drain the pool to clean it. My question is - should that hayward pump empty out the rest of the water that has gotten inside the vinyl? Or, should I call service? ... Please help, thanks very much!!

~ Sparrow

Re: Inground Vinyl Pool... please help

Postby Guest » Thu 26 Apr, 2007 11:51

Sparrow wrote:Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am a new pool owner.

We recently bought a home and now what we have is a vinyl pool that we emptied with a sump pump, however water has gotten underneath the vinyl and it is impossible to drain. We were also left with a hayward super pump.. This is all confusing for me, I just want to drain the pool to clean it. My question is - should that hayward pump empty out the rest of the water that has gotten inside the vinyl? Or, should I call service? ... Please help, thanks very much!!

~ Sparrow

I think you are seeing the ground water pushing up the linner.. I would fill the pool back up and treat with chemicals to clean out the pool.. there are some great posts that show using bleach/chlorine does the trick in a few days..
twain220
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: Inground Vinyl Pool... please help

Postby twain220 » Sun 06 May, 2007 08:40

Sparrow wrote:Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am a new pool owner.

~ Sparrow

NEVER drain a pool when the water table is high...fill the pool up but before you do that you must suck the water from behind the liner or it will wrinkle if not tear while filling. Put a pool vac hose in the skimmer and shove the other end behind the liner just above the break in the slope...use the pump to remove this water to waste and fill up the pool. Ideally, you would use a wet/dry vac but in this case the water table doesn't allow that. I'd write more if this post wasn't so old.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”