salt system

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
withoutaclue

salt system

Postby withoutaclue » Sat 26 May, 2007 16:13

We are having a concrete pool installed. I inquired about a salt system and my pool builder said that he wasn't too familiar with the salt systems; however, salt is corrosive and he wouldn't recommend it. Of course all of the pool supply stores really push all of their products, including the salt systems. Any suggestions or comments from someone with a little knowledge regarding these would help greatly. What are the long term effects of a salt system on a concrete & plaster pool, or the filtration and heating system?

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sat 26 May, 2007 16:23

Wow! A PB that isn't familiar with SW systems? I thought they had all been converted to the mantra and were pushing them.

2 or 3 years ago, my local Pool experts were totally against SW systems. Now they push them.

I can tell you that I think everyone in our area has gone to SW systems and they just love them. The salt is so slight that it won't even sting your eyes. The water feels better, too.

If it were high salt levels, such as the ocean, then I think you'd have to worry, but at the level that SWG's need I doubt you would have a problem with your pool water being more corrosive.

Be careful which system you get. PoolPilot, Goldline/Aquarite are a couple of good ones.
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Tue 29 May, 2007 07:28

I agree

The first time I swam in a salt pool several years ago I knew then when I every had the opportunity to put in a pool I would do a salt syatem also.

It is the clearest water I have ever seen and as the previous post it is like swimming in soft water. It is not corrosive to my knowledge. You chemical costs are almost nill since you do not have to use or add salt but once a year.
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Tue 29 May, 2007 11:46

We put in 60+ custom pools and spas in a year and every single one is Salt Water, easy to add salt and is better on the skin for you.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”