Sand in Pool!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
VineHouse
I'm new here
I'm new here

Sand in Pool!

Postby VineHouse » Thu 31 May, 2007 07:42

Hi,

I moved into a house in November with pool, the house was in need of maintanence so we ended up just leaving the pool (10000 Gallons in-ground with Vinyl) until a couple of weeks ago, it cleaned up very well in a matter of hours, however there is a stain in the middle of the pool on the bottom. I've also noticed rather alot of sand, I read that it's most likely a broken laterall- the sand collects most along the seem on the bottom of the pool by the inlet and where the stain is that I mentioned above, any ideas what I'd need to do to remove the stain and what measures should I take to fix the sand problem... It's not a huge amount and we are using the pool at the moment

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Mon 04 Jun, 2007 10:42

Stain I am not sure about the sand latterals you need to remove all the sand and replace the latterals. Good Luck
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
VineHouse
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby VineHouse » Mon 25 Jun, 2007 06:49

Thanks Walter,

The next day I vacummed the sand after letting it settle at the bottom, problems seems to be fixed! No more sand collecting, but now 4 weeks on I have a green pool instead!

Stain seems to be fading with time also,
Thanks again.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”