Reading Material for New Pool Owner

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
candicem
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground 10,000 gallon

Reading Material for New Pool Owner

Postby candicem » Wed 24 Jul, 2019 15:23

I recently bought a house with an above ground pool that holds 10,000 gallons of water.

The previous owners gave us just a few chemicals and no guidance at all. I've added chlorine tablets that were left. And I've tested with test strips, but I don't really know what the levels mean.

I ordered a better test kit, rather than the strips. But I'm hoping to find a good source to read how to care for my pool. I have no clue what to even ask as I literally know nothing.

What is a good source of information that I can read?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Reading Material for New Pool Owner

Postby Teapot » Wed 24 Jul, 2019 16:37

Welcome, just post each question at it arrises on here and we will answer. It's a bit of a learning curve but we all started at that point so helping each other is what the forum is all about. Sadly a lot of what is actually written is out of date and been proven wrong.
If you want to add more information into your forum signature it helps, type of filter, size, pump, size etc, you'll soon get the hang of it!
candicem
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground 10,000 gallon

Re: Reading Material for New Pool Owner

Postby candicem » Thu 25 Jul, 2019 04:26

Thanks! I’m not sure about the filter type. I’ll have to see what it says on it.

I will also test my water and post the results to get advice. I’ll also post the chemicals that are here.

Thanks again!

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”