Air bubbles and filter issues

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Catbrie
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have an inground pool with a 1hp A.O. Smith Century motor and a whispernet pump. And a Hayward sand filter.

Air bubbles and filter issues

Postby Catbrie » Thu 30 Apr, 2020 23:02

Hi,

My boys and I just moved into a new house last year. We were getting our pool on track and the motor seized on it. So we just finally got a new motor in this yesterday. Today we made sure the pool was full, I primed the pump, but we had bubbles coming up. So I watched it and the bubbles didn't stop. I had my son check the pump and it was hot and the water was super hot. So we ran water from the hose into the pump. We then put the lid back on and turned it on. Well it started gushing bubbles and water in the pool. Then water started coming out of the top of our filter and it was making some noise. It made my son nervous and he told me to move back. So we turned off the motor and the filter continued to make noises and then finally calmed down. It is a Hayward sand filter. This is our first pool ever and we are feeling frustrated. We are starting to get the summer heat here and we were really looking forward to the pool. Please help!!

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”