New owner/solar/valves

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Allthewaymay
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: New home owner and pool owner pool used to have solar heating but solar was removed and plumbing capped at pump.

New owner/solar/valves

Postby Allthewaymay » Thu 07 May, 2020 12:47

I bought my home cheap because the solar panels that heated pool leaked and put a hole in roof. So I bought house cheap and when I bought it the solar was removed and the pool plumbing was capped off I’m assuming due to solar. However here’s my situation when I turn on my pump one of the return lines bubble sometimes worse then others but after a few pump works just fine. However when I hook up my pool sweep in the skimmer line the pool sweep does not move and it is as if the pump stops too. There is a Jandy valve on my plumbing one side says solar and one side says pool now if I turn that valve all the way to the pool side the sweep starts to move but at the same time the pool plumbing sounds as if water is rushing through those pipes that are labeled as stated, I’ve never heard water in said pipes. Can anyone help me understand my plumbing. What’s also weird is there are 2 drains at the bottom of my pool and I have to skimmer holes on pool decking one being the skimmer and the other I don’t know what it is. How can I attach photos here to help bette

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: New owner/solar/valves

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 08 May, 2020 09:26

If you have no solar then pool is the correct side to have the valve set
Two main drains are good practice as it prevents being trapped in a single drain
There are sometimes more than one skimmer
Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments
Click Add Files or you can drag and drop

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”