How many gallons

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
navydoc
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Concert with some tile around the top edge, DE, one-speed pump

Estimating size is why I'm joining the forum. Paid good money to a "Big" company to give me a pool lesson at my pool and he said it was 15k gallons, but when I do the measurements and use online calculators I get 88k

How many gallons

Postby navydoc » Thu 14 May, 2020 10:55

So checking to see if figuring things right. I paid money to a "big" pool supplies company for a pool school at my pool after we bought our house. Waste of money.

The guy said my pull total gallons were 15k, but when I do google earth and draw to circles and rectangle to cover the main pool and circle for attached jacuzzi, then use an online pool calculator I'm getting 88k. Big difference.

[mypool[https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d_p0ByTMirHaZYAssbFE2zasuGnIVcqH]

I'm sure on my measurements, I checked them the old fashion way with a tape measure. The deep end or one circle is 6" the shallow end the other circle is 3ft and the rectangle I put between the 2 I did at 4.5 feet as its slopes. I know the jacuzzi because I have drained it and filled it. 800 gallons

My question is online pool calculators are accurate? From other more experienced people is 88k gallons sound right?

Thanks

navydoc
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Concert with some tile around the top edge, DE, one-speed pump

Estimating size is why I'm joining the forum. Paid good money to a "Big" company to give me a pool lesson at my pool and he said it was 15k gallons, but when I do the measurements and use online calculators I get 88k

Re: How many gallons

Postby navydoc » Thu 14 May, 2020 11:42

Ok, I solved my own problem, well at least the pool one. When I used google earth, it gives several dimensions. I was taking the circumstance and plugging that in as my diameter. Which was way off. When I take the radius and double for diameter my calculations are much better.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”