Cloud in the middle of pool after clarifier

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
daixxx18
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10ft best way steel pro

Cloud in the middle of pool after clarifier

Postby daixxx18 » Thu 28 May, 2020 06:13

I have a 10ft best way pool. It’s is regularly treated with chlorine, ph increaser, ta plus and algaecide. The levels are within range and have been for a while. After the pool is used it’s skimmed and the bottom hoovered and covered. It was starting to look a bit murky which I assumed was down to suncream. I added some clarifier to it and now there is a cloud of murkiness in the centre of the pool that I can’t remove. When ever we try to hoover or skim it, it just mixes back up with the water and goes murky again. We have the filter that came with the pool & the filter is changed every few days. Any suggestions on what we can do to sort it?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Cloud in the middle of pool after clarifier

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 28 May, 2020 07:51

Vacuum to waste
What do you mean by " It’s is regularly treated with chlorine, ph increaser, ta plus and algaecide"
You should only add what is needed
You really need to get yourself a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006c or TF Testkits TF100 in the states) to get accurate results as maintaining an appropiate shock level means testing quite often during the day
Let's have your numbers
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”