Newbee Small Pool Owner

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
HaroonSharif
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 5.5 Ft by 9ft (Height 2 Feet)
Intex Pool
Intex Filter

Newbee Small Pool Owner

Postby HaroonSharif » Sat 20 Jun, 2020 15:24

Hi,

I just bought a small Intex pool for my kids (5 and 8 years). It's dimensions are 5.5ft x 9ft x2 ft, Approx 2700 Ltr capacity. It has a small Intex filter pump. I live in Rawalpindi, Pakistan and I couldn't find a pool equipment shop to get chlorine and a testing kit. I need help with some basics. While I go through the old posts on the forum for wisdom already shared, I need some urgent help with the following:

1) Recommendation for a good testing kit, which is available online and can deliver internationally.
2) While I get my testing kit, I need some guidance on how I can maintain the PH, Cholrine and Alkaline levels. Essentially I want my kids to start enjoying the pool safely and that I don't have to drain the pool and fill in fresh water unnecessarily.

I tried the local pharmacies and all I got was water purification tablets. However I do see that it shows some numbers for FAC, but I can't figure out how many tablets I should use for shock treatment and then subsequently to top up / maintain the required Chlorine level (2-4 ppm).

The table at the back of the bottle says something like this:

One Aquatab 8.68gm will disinfect 1,000- 1,250 Ltrs of clear water at a doze of 4-5mg/l available chlorine.
# of tablets 1 --- Stock volume 100Ltrs --- Stock Solution Concentration 50mg/l available chlorine ---proportioner setting 2.5% --- Dosage 1.25 mg/l available chlorine

Would appreciate some help.

BR/Haroon

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Newbee Small Pool Owner

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 21 Jun, 2020 03:23

I have already answered your other post
You really need to get yourself a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006c or similar) to get accurate results as maintaining an appropiate shock level means testing quite often during the day

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”