0 chlorine & all other readings are High plus drained the pool about half way?

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Shannonpan
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14,000 gal. Zodiac Jandy gunite Jandy E-Pulse , Polaris PB4-60

0 chlorine & all other readings are High plus drained the pool about half way?

Postby Shannonpan » Sun 16 Aug, 2020 03:47

Hi, I'm Shannon and very new to maintaining my pool. Not doing so well at it either. I have about 14,000 gallon underground pool that was first salt the converted to chlorine by Jandy. Recently I drained it almost half way. 0 reading for chlorine and Ph at or over 8.2pp, TA around 180pp and not sure how to calculate the acid number but it took 5 drops to change to red, this was the reading after I filled back up the next day without putting any chemicals in. How can I correct this or what do I need to do to get my pool back in good condition? I know that when I had a pool guy he hardly ever added chemicals to my pool and only came once a week and now I'm told to use all these different things and get so many different conflicting advice. I'm so confused right now and very scared that I'm ruining my pool and can't afford to have my pool guy anymore since my pay was decreased when we were hit with the Panademic. Can you help? Also, my pool has a hot tub with a waterfall connecting the two if that makes a difference. Thank you!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: 0 chlorine & all other readings are High plus drained the pool about half way?

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 16 Aug, 2020 10:35

Get some chlorine in immediately to stop an algae bloom
Let's have your numbers
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:
Pool chemicals:That you use

Use these common products to balance your pool
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA

A waterfall will raise pH because it's aerating the water

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”