HELP!! They're about to cement my lopsided fiberglass pool in!!!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Luvspools890
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We're in the process of having a small Monroe fiberglass pool installed. 10' X 20' kidney shaped. Pentair 1.5 hp pump installed. Pool holds approximately 6500 gallons of water.

HELP!! They're about to cement my lopsided fiberglass pool in!!!

Postby Luvspools890 » Sat 13 Mar, 2021 14:50

Hi! I'm new to this forum and I'm REALLY hoping that I can get some advice on what to do about our fiberglass pool that is just about finished being installed!! My husband and I have been very vocal about the fact that we thought that the pool was not level enough to proceed but the installer kept assuring us that it would settle correctly, and that it was "not worth the risk" to lift it again to try and level it more (at this point, it only had about a foot of water in it!!). I was saying that it needed to be drained and re-leveled. No one listened! We had the owner of the company come out and look at it and he, of course, said that he would make it right! Well, apparently, his installer decided that it was right enough! It now is full of water and appears to us that it is about 5-6 inches lopsided from side to side!! There are three jets on one end and the skimmer on the other end. we can barely get the water to cover the three jets without completely covering the skimmer opening!!
What can I do?? The company was having trouble with this installer (he has now been fired!!) because of his arrogance. But, that doesn't help my situation! I know that they want the pool to be right!! It has been backfilled already, pump hooked up.....just waiting for the concrete to be poured!!!

Additional question: Does anyone know of any other way to level the pool other than to have to unbury it, drain it, and start from scratch??

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: HELP!! They're about to cement my lopsided fiberglass pool in!!!

Postby Teapot » Sun 14 Mar, 2021 01:41

You know the problem, you know the solution. What can any of us do but feel for you? Get it put right.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: HELP!! They're about to cement my lopsided fiberglass pool in!!!

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 14 Mar, 2021 13:13

Stop the pour of concrete
5-6 inches out is totally unacceptable. Tell the company they aren't getting paid untill it's put right
Any one with a level should be able to tell it's wrong
Take photographs for future litigation

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”