Green Iron Water

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
woo

Green Iron Water

Postby woo » Wed 18 Jul, 2012 16:13

Start with Conquest. Before using Conquest drop the clorine down to 1.0. Add Conquest and run filter for 24 hrs. Let pool sit for 24hrs. Vacuum on WASTE. Take filter apart and clean the panels with a hose. Re assemble filter and re-charge with earth. If this does not work then bring your PH up to 9.0+ circulate for 2 hrs and add 1 gallon on Muriatic Acid let cycle overnight. You will see a very quick change. Vacuum again on WASTE and clean the filter as you did before. Re charge filter and you should be good to go

Hhartwell

Re: Green Iron Water

Postby Hhartwell » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 19:44

I know this post is old, but we live in Massachusetts and have town water. Every year we fill our pool after adding chlorine it turns green. The filter is stained brown. I was to,d by the water department we have manganese in our water. We have tried metal put homemade poo, filters, everything. We've been swimming but the poo, is still green, but it's clear. Does anyone have any recommendations? TIA
Hhartwell

Postby Hhartwell » Fri 29 Jul, 2016 19:46

Hhartwell wrote:I know this post is old, but we live in Massachusetts and have town water. Every year we fill our pool after adding chlorine it turns green. The filter is stained brown. I was told by the water department we have manganese in our water. We have tried metal put homemade pool filters, everything. We've been swimming but the pool is still green, but it's clear. Does anyone have any recommendations? TIA
Mike09
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mike09 » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 01:31

This article has helped me on my metal problems for my pool...
https://pstpoolsupplies.com/blog/how-to ... ool-water/

You may want to try it. :wink:
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 05:24

Cutting through the bullshit, those are sequerants and Do Not Remove Anything. Iron can be removed. Copper not as easily. RO is needed to remove the others.
Gadget
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 80KL, Marbelite coated in waterproof fibreglass paint

Postby Gadget » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 08:32

Good Day All

I realise that due to my location, the items provided on the website bellow are named differently, but this site has always helped out when I have had problems with the pool water. I would suggest just having a look at the contents of the product and then finding out from your local store if they have something with the same ingredients. I hope this will help someone as much as it has helped me in the past.

https://www.hth.co.za/index.php/pool-water-problems
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 10:59

Teapot wrote:Cutting through the bullshit, those are sequerants and Do Not Remove Anything. Iron can be removed. Copper not as easily. RO is needed to remove the others.

Re posting this for forum viewers to thick to not understand it the first time.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Teapot » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 11:03

Teapot wrote:Cutting through the bullshit, those are sequerants and Do Not Remove Anything. Iron can be removed. Copper not as easily. RO is needed to remove the others.

Re quoting this for forum readers to thick not to have understood it the first time

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”