Draining treated water on lawn?

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
EZduzit

Draining treated water on lawn?

Postby EZduzit » Wed 18 Jul, 2007 19:08

I just bought a small abpove ground pool (12 foot) for my 3 1/2 year old grandaughter that we are raising. I've used it several times but have never had it up over 6 days so as not to kill the grass.

Well, it's a lot of trouble to drain it, let the grass grow for a few days and then put it up again so I've decided to heck with the grass, I'm just going to put it up and use the filter, buy a test kit, and add chemicals. We're having a lot of fun with it and I may buy a bigger pool next year.

I'm a newbie and am wondering, when I decide to drain the pool this fall can I drain it out on my grass or should I run a hose to the sewer drain?

Thanks for you help.

Postby Guest » Wed 18 Jul, 2007 21:20

I drain off my pool into the grass and it's never died from *chemical exposure*. I would think your biggest concern should be if your yard can handle such a big drain or will it flood out? If it 's not capable of all that water, I'd run a hose. I'm gonna run a hose so I don't loose sand under my new pool. :wink:
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Draining treated water on lawn?

Postby Backglass » Thu 19 Jul, 2007 08:46

EZduzit wrote:I'm a newbie and am wondering, when I decide to drain the pool this fall can I drain it out on my grass or should I run a hose to the sewer drain?

Drain it on your lawn. The grass will thank you for it. :)
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
Cheri
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Cheri » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 16:41

It won't hurt the yard at all.

Postby Guest » Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:12

Thanks for the answers people. I didn't think the chemicals would hurt the lawn much if any, but it's better safe then sorry.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”