Vanquish Pool Cleaning System

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
terryC

Postby terryC » Sat 03 Nov, 2007 22:28

does anyone have the Vanquish Pool Cleaning System - I am shopping for a pool and the pool dealer told me that this system will allow me to relax and never have to vacuum the pool ever - true? Anyone have any experience with this system or have heard anything good or bad about it? Thanks

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Sun 04 Nov, 2007 19:05

does anyone have the Vanquish Pool Cleaning System - I am shopping for a pool and the pool dealer told me that this system will allow me to relax and never have to vacuum the pool ever - true? Anyone have any experience with this system or have heard anything good or bad about it? Thanks

there only talking about dirt/dust on bottom of pool which gets pushed around by system into water. Ask them about debris like leaves, bugs etc. where do these things go?

there are many types of automatic pool cleaners that are cheaper and work better and pickup debris.
terryC

Postby terryC » Mon 05 Nov, 2007 22:44

it seems I can't get a positive comment on this system anywhere - and I have yet to find anyone who has used or seen this product. Thanks for the advice
RJPKID

Postby RJPKID » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 17:13

Yes, I have the Vanquish cleaning system in my pool. First, the advertising is deceptive. It is touted as something that makes is easy to keep your pool clean. It does push debris around, but DOES NOT clean the pool. I still have to manually vacuum the pool. Any large pieces of debris (leaves, bugs, small sticks) are not pulled into the bottom drain. The pop up valves do a very poor job of pushing debris to the bottom drain. More often than not, one valve pushes debris in one direction and the second set of valves push it back to where it originally was.
petet

Postby petet » Sat 17 May, 2014 15:54

I have a vanquish cleaning system installed in my pool for the last 8 years. Its the best thing I could have done. I have NEVER used the vacuum yet. If there are large leaves that can't be sucked through I get them with the skimmer or have my son dive down. I havevnt even scrubbed the sides at all. Vaccuum is only used at opening and closing by the pool company.

Only downfall is the bottom rotating jets pop off sometimes or when the kids are in the pool tey twist them off with there feet.
johhnstyd

Postby johhnstyd » Mon 14 Jul, 2014 23:22

I don’t have any experience but I heard there are many types of automatic pool cleaners that are cheaper , work better and pick up waste materials continuously. I think Vacuum is only used at opening and closing of the pool company. Sometimes only it makes easy to clean the large particleslike leaves, bugs &small sticks, but these materials are not pulled into the bottom drained by using Vacuums. So once think for better alternatives for pool cleaners.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”