Equiptment

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
dougbtx

Equiptment

Postby dougbtx » Sat 10 Nov, 2007 17:39

I am getting read to have a new pool built in DFW area in Texas. I have had several proposals. Some touting Hayward equiptment other swearing by Jandy. Can anyone give me an opinion on this subject?

Also, salt water cleaner vs. traditional chlorine?

Also, does anyone have any experience with solar heating of pool?

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Tue 13 Nov, 2007 11:13

as for the equipment, it will be up to you on what you decide. My company uses Jandy, it is more expensive but we use it because of the controls looks and ease of other components of Jandys, if your just using the equipment and time clock I would go with hayward hands down. As a service tech I liked Hayward better to work on the Jandy and Pentair without a doubt.
As for salt or chlorine, I would go salt, it is softer and still generates chlorine but with out the harshness of sticks and pucks.
I have no clue on the solar heating as we use gas and electric heat/cool pumps in South Carolina.
Good luck
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”