Pool looks like a pot of tea !

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
pool novice

Pool looks like a pot of tea !

Postby pool novice » Tue 11 Dec, 2007 12:33

We have just bought a new house with a 36' in-ground vinyl pool. It is 40 years old and has been fairly neglected. I spent the first few weeks getting the water right and then had a guy come and winterize it for me. He told me I needed a new cover as the one he had put on it had holes in it. I bought a safety cover last week and my husband and myself took the old cover off to replace it with the new one. So here is the problem... the rain and leaves that have been settling for the last few weeks on the pool have made a stewed tea which has run into the pool. The whole pool looks like a large pot of tea. OMG What do I do ?

luckey pools

Re: Pool looks like a pot of tea !

Postby luckey pools » Tue 08 Jan, 2008 18:01

pool novice wrote:We have just bought a new house with a 36' in-ground vinyl pool. It is 40 years old and has been fairly neglected. I spent the first few weeks getting the water right and then had a guy come and winterize it for me. He told me I needed a new cover as the one he had put on it had holes in it. I bought a safety cover last week and my husband and myself took the old cover off to replace it with the new one. So here is the problem... the rain and leaves that have been settling for the last few weeks on the pool have made a stewed tea which has run into the pool. The whole pool looks like a large pot of tea. OMG What do I do ?

Remove pool cover...scoop out leaves... Treat pool for stains.

Luke Norris
President

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”