Filter cleaning!!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
poolbaby

Filter cleaning!!

Postby poolbaby » Sat 12 Jan, 2008 12:46

Hi everyone, I'm brand new at all of this, I would like to know how to clean a cartridge filter!! or do I need to replace it!? I will appreciate any input!!! thx :P

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Sat 12 Jan, 2008 19:37

The best thing you can do is buy some filter cleaner which you can either let soak in tub or spray on & let soak so it deep cleans & filter lasts longer.
iggy
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: Filter cleaning!!

Postby iggy » Wed 23 Jan, 2008 23:13

poolbaby wrote:Hi everyone, I'm brand new at all of this, I would like to know how to clean a cartridge filter!! or do I need to replace it!? I will appreciate any input!!! thx :P

poolbaby,
All I do after removing my filters. I just stand them vertical and wast them down with my hose with a power head (single stream) I start from the top and work down to the bottom of each pleat. I just turn the filter until I get all the pleats.
If you have a lot of swimmers and oil on the filters I also would suggest soaking them in a filter cleaning solution to remove that oil. I used to use my wheel barrel and lay the filter in it and fill with water and the cleaning solution so it soaked. Then I removed and washed them really well.

Does this help you? :lol:
Inground Salt pool, 12,000 gal
Jandy CL460 filter and 1 1/2hp sleath pump
Goldline Clorine Generator
Paramount infloor cleaning system
Hayward Cool Logic 2.5 LED Light with 12 program settings

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”