Putting in new pool and have a few questions.

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Oliver
I'm new here
I'm new here

Putting in new pool and have a few questions.

Postby Oliver » Fri 28 Mar, 2008 07:11

Hello all. As you see I'm new and just joined your group. Been lurking for awhile and have gotten a lot of good info from here.

The wife and I are putting in a new pool and I have three questions I hope I can get help with.

On heating is it better to have the return on the bottom of the pool or does it not really matter in terms of efficiency? I heard the heat rise's theory and thus it's better to do it this way.

We are going with a pebble style finish and wondering if it is worth the extra expense to have the shell added for the sparkle effect? Anyone have this and thoughts on it? Looking a dark or black. :?:

Anyone have or heard of the product Beadcrete? I hear it is as strong as the pebble but much smoother.

Thanks for your help with this. I look forward to making good friends here and learning a lot of stuff I need to.

Oh! One last thing. I spell really poorly so if you see a word spelled wrong go phonic on it.

Postby Guest » Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:12

If you are going to do a "pebble" aggragate, the bead crete is nice. It is offered in 2 finishes. One uses all bead and the other uses bead and pebble. Try to walk on a pebble or bead finish before you decide, you may not like it.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”