Still Green!???? PLEASE HELP!!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Tara_O
I'm new here
I'm new here

Still Green!???? PLEASE HELP!!

Postby Tara_O » Sun 04 May, 2008 14:17

Our pool went green in a matter of two or three days... We are new pool owners and just finally got the green out, but not the cloudy. I have been taking samples to Leslie's Pool and they have been telling me everythings good... Yesterday I took a sample and the PH and Alkalinity was high, uneven high... So I got some Muratic Acid, Shock and Algae stuff... Did all as directed .. four hours between chemicals... and left the filter on all day long, this morning I went out and STILL GREEN>>>> No change AT ALL... I am so frustrated with this I don't know what else to do. How long does it usually take to get the green out... I put the vacuum in today and them brushed it.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil:
I need any help someone can give me!! Please!!>>>

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sun 04 May, 2008 15:01

You really need to get your own good test kit such as the Taylor K-2006 kit you can get for a good online price here or the TF100 kit you can get from tftestkits(dot)com here with the latter having 36% more volume of reagents so is comparably priced "per test". Read this sticky for how to clear your pool. It really depends on your pool's Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level because if it's really high you'll want to do a partial drain/refill to dilute the water; otherwise you'll just use a sufficiently high level of chlorine.

Richard
Tara_O
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Tara_O » Sun 04 May, 2008 16:03

Thanks I will check that out...
njshorepools
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby njshorepools » Sun 11 May, 2008 13:57

is it green algae or is it just a green tint?? could have metals in the water...
a SAFE pool is a HAPPY pool...

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”