Pool Cleaning Full Service for $65, is it real?

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Me... » Tue 10 Mar, 2009 08:50

I have had many customers ask me if I would look after their pool for them. I don't do maintenance but I can't see how I would charge people to really maintain their pool unless I made at least 2 trips there a week. Once to test, check and brush. Next to check, test, vac and backwash. Or something along those lines. At any rate each visit would take up at least 1.5 hrs. of my time, since they no doubt live a long drive apart, and I would want to be able to spend more if needed. And go if they had a problem, within a short time span. So very few customers who would get exceptional service and I would charge them for it, probably in the neighborhood of $400 a month. Not including supplies. Maybe thats why I don't do it LOL.

However being in a different part of the business I used to receive tons of requests from people to recommend a NEW service company. It seems a lot of people don't get satisfaction from their maintenance companies and in fact many used to actually check up on their guys to see what they actually did. This is what caused me to think if I ever did start, I would do more, but charge more too.

XtremelyTropical
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby XtremelyTropical » Fri 13 Mar, 2009 12:45

I think i'm just going to take care of it myself for now. I've already spent too much time trying to find someone to do it. My main concern after reading through this forum is whether or not they are really putting the chemicals that i'm paying for in the pool. If I do it myself then i know it will be done right!

Thanks everyone for your help!
Artificial Palm Trees and NEW Palm Tree Mailbox! http://www.xtremelytropical.com - Commercial grade/Residential Pricing. Seeking Distributors.
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Postby Larry » Fri 13 Mar, 2009 13:50

Or you could do the chemical maintenance and get someone out to brush, vacuum and clean the filter. There may even be a local youngster who wants to earn a bit of extra cash. :)

Getting a professional out only to clean the pool would probably cost proportionally more, but may be worthwhile if you don't have the time or the energy for pool chores.

Larry

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”