self inflicted

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.

self inflicted

Postby Guest » Wed 24 May, 2006 16:06

My wife shook me awake this morning with the "come quick there is something wrong with the pool" . My nightmare begins. I bought this house 1 1/2 years ago and it came with an inground pool. This morning I awoke with the sight of my pool liner floating around in the pool, and water level below the water return jets. Under closer inspection the pipe leaving the pool heater and going back into the pool had come undone. (I remember last year during fall close out that I took that section apart to blow the air out of the pipes, I thought I retightened the clamps but I guess not tight enough). Anyway my theory is that the massive amount of water needing to go somewhere (and as my wife, the philosopher stone, helpfully pointed out, water flows on the path of least resistance) followed the crushed rock and sand and somehow ended back under the pool, under the vinyl, pushing out causing it to float around. By the way the earth in this neighbourhood is very dense clay. Does this sound plausible, (more plausible than my earlier groundhog digging a hole through it theory)? More importantly what needs to be done, or what should the pool maintenance company do? :(

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”