New Pool That Came With My New House

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Kenny

Postby Kenny » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 13:23

Ok I have a http://www.aquasuperstore.com/products/D-1000-Above-Ground-Dirt-Devil-Pool-Cleaner-~4275.html?CAWELAID=327035302

I have no idea how this thing is supposed to work, last night i hooked it up to the pump so that what it was picking up was sucked up through where it would normally get water from the pool and it seemed to not work so well...I was trying to sweep it by just kind of moving it back and forth like a home sweeper. Any ideas?

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 13:28

Kenny wrote:Ok I have a http://www.aquasuperstore.com/products/D-1000-Above-Ground-Dirt-Devil-Pool-Cleaner-~4275.html?CAWELAID=327035302

I have no idea how this thing is supposed to work, last night i hooked it up to the pump so that what it was picking up was sucked up through where it would normally get water from the pool and it seemed to not work so well...I was trying to sweep it by just kind of moving it back and forth like a home sweeper. Any ideas?

Hi,

The hose end plugs into the hole at the bottom of the skimmer where a normal vacuum would go in. When hooked up properly it will move around the pool and vacuum as it goes. Only works, of course, when the equipment is turned on. How it works is really dependent on there being enough suction at the skimmer. See this page http://www.aquasuperstore.com/Manuals/Manual_46001010.pdf for the manual that explains how to set up.
Kenny

Postby Kenny » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 15:31

Another quick question, and thank you very much for your response, What is oxidizer? The people that owned the house left tons of it behind..i assume they used it a lot.
Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 16:58

Kenny wrote:Another quick question, and thank you very much for your response, What is oxidizer? The people that owned the house left tons of it behind..i assume they used it a lot.

It could be dichor or could be a non chlorine "shock" You'd have to post the ingredients here to know for sure.
Kenny

Postby Kenny » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 17:28

Hydrogen Peroxide 27%
Water
Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Wed 24 Jun, 2009 19:04

Kenny wrote:Hydrogen Peroxide 27%
Water

Do you know whether you have a chlorine pool or not? I believe hydrogen peroxide is often used as the oxidizer in a Baquacil pool.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”