Pool Closing - Blowing Out the Lines

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
mugman17

Postby mugman17 » Thu 29 Oct, 2009 11:16

Hi guys:

Need some help with closing our pool. This is our first time. It seems every site we go to has a different way to do it. Anyway, we have dropped the water level in our pool, and now we are trying to blow out the lines. We are using a shopvac.

I have noticed that there is still water in the skimmer that will continue to fill up if removed. When we try to blow water out from the skimmer, it just bubbles up on us. Is this normal? We have done this for a couple minutes and it doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas on what we are doing wrong?

czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Thu 29 Oct, 2009 20:32

mugman17 wrote:Hi guys:

Need some help with closing our pool. This is our first time. It seems every site we go to has a different way to do it. Anyway, we have dropped the water level in our pool, and now we are trying to blow out the lines. We are using a shopvac.

I have noticed that there is still water in the skimmer that will continue to fill up if removed. When we try to blow water out from the skimmer, it just bubbles up on us. Is this normal? We have done this for a couple minutes and it doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas on what we are doing wrong?

Please state how hard is winter in your area, type of pool etc.
Also how low you trying to lower your water level and if you have a pool cover.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”