Dirty pool

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
MirandaJ1223
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 35000 gallon irregular shaped inground gunite diving pool/spa combination, 52 sf anthony DE filter with seperation tank, Anthony brass pump, single skimmer, Electric spa heater

Dirty pool

Postby MirandaJ1223 » Thu 22 Apr, 2010 15:36

Problem #1 I recently purchased and moved into a home that has a pool. There are 6 oak trees that made a mess of the pool. (these are scheduled to be removed this weekend) I have been cleaning the leaves, twigs and seeds out frequently. It rained this past weekend and my pool went from clear water with debris on the bottom to muddy brown in color. I have cleaned out the pump basket a couple times and need to back wash. The problem is I am not quite sure which valves to close and which not to, especially the ones that are circled. I am including a picture of the pump/filter/heater/valve setup .
pool002.jpg
pool002.jpg (117.41 KiB) Viewed 1351 times

Problem #2 The skimmer is missing a cover. It is a circular opening on the deck that is 8.5" in diameter. I cannot find any covers that are 8.5 inches I have tried doing a net search for that size cover andhave not had any luck. I called a couple different pool supply houses and either they did not have access to measure them, or if they did they did not want to be bothered with it.

Dirty pool

Postby Guest » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 12:44

We have had a pool for several years and have always ordered our Pool Supplies from Family Leisure. We've had issues with discoloration and odd odor and both times we called and explained our situation and they told us what we needed to do. Owning a pool is a lot of work but it's SO worth it! Good Luck!!!! :) :) :)

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”