Finding parts for outdated pool equipment.

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
MirandaJ1223
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 35000 gallon irregular shaped inground gunite diving pool/spa combination, 52 sf anthony DE filter with seperation tank, Anthony brass pump, single skimmer, Electric spa heater

Postby MirandaJ1223 » Tue 04 May, 2010 12:37

My pool is approx 30 years old. The pump equipment is Anthony Apollo. I am needing the T handle that is used to open the backwash valve, and a lid to the skimmer basket. The previous homeowner purchased a lid that is the wrong size (9 1/8 diameter) so it just sits on the pool deck. The hole on the pools decking is 8.5 inches in diameter. So far my searches have yielded no luck and I have called a couple of the online pool supply stores with no luck. I have tried the local Leslie's pool supplies store and they have not been able to help either. I was in my old neighborhood and tried Bonnie and Clydes pools, they were more help than the guy at Leslie's was and cheaper in supplies. However, their search revealed that the T handle is outdated and no longer available and I still had no luck on finding the lid.

Is there any company that will stock such a lid? What about the t handle? Surely there is someplace that will have parts for old equipment.

Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Tue 04 May, 2010 12:54

MirandaJ1223
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 35000 gallon irregular shaped inground gunite diving pool/spa combination, 52 sf anthony DE filter with seperation tank, Anthony brass pump, single skimmer, Electric spa heater

Thank you Joe

Postby MirandaJ1223 » Tue 04 May, 2010 13:31

:thumbup: That's it. Thank you Any idea where I can find a 8.5 inch diameter skimmer cover?
Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Tue 04 May, 2010 14:12

Yes those should not be that hard to come by. Google "Pentair Old Style Skimmer Lid" Product # should be L5R and they are 8-3/8 round
MirandaJ1223
I'm new here
I'm new here

Thanks again Joe

Postby MirandaJ1223 » Tue 04 May, 2010 14:42

:thumbup: you are the best. Now how come the 6 or 7 different pool companies I have contacted could not provide that info to me. If you were in TX, you would definately be getting my business when I remodel the pool.
Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Tue 04 May, 2010 14:47

My pleasure. I like helping out, but believe it or not after all these years experience I still learn something new every week here from you guys.
MirandaJ1223
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby MirandaJ1223 » Tue 04 May, 2010 15:11

Since you are so helpful maybe you can help with another issue. The spa and pool jets (I think they are called jets not sure. Anyway, it is where the water returns back to the pool or into the spa) do not use any threading to hold them in place, they are just held by friction. There are a couple missing in the pool and one missing in the spa. Plus one of the previous owners painted over them so now they cannot be adjusted. Local pool stores all carry the kind that are threaded in back. Is there a certain item I should be looking for here? Also are they called jets? My searches didn't do too well.
Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Tue 04 May, 2010 15:32

MirandaJ1223 wrote:Since you are so helpful maybe you can help with another issue. The spa and pool jets (I think they are called jets not sure. Anyway, it is where the water returns back to the pool or into the spa) do not use any threading to hold them in place, they are just held by friction. There are a couple missing in the pool and one missing in the spa. Plus one of the previous owners painted over them so now they cannot be adjusted. Local pool stores all carry the kind that are threaded in back. Is there a certain item I should be looking for here? Also are they called jets? My searches didn't do too well.

Yes they are called jets, jet returns or eyeballs in the industry. I'm pretty sure you have a slip-fitting, which like you say is not threaded. I've seen plenty of pools with those around. Take a look here in "eyeball inlet fittings" and see if any of these parts match what you are looking for.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-pro/pro ... gs-155.htm
Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Tue 04 May, 2010 15:39

Sorry they also come in 3/4. Not sure what you have. Just check here also and make sure you get SLIP fitting

http://store.poolcenter.com/shared/Stor ... 2Cart=True
Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Wed 05 May, 2010 22:15

Hey Miranda, did you ever check out those jets for your spa? let me know!
Denise

Postby Denise » Sat 22 May, 2010 07:48

You sound like someone who can help me! I have an older pool with a Tagelus Pool Filter and 6 way multiport valve. The label on the valve is weathered so badly that I have to struggle and guess everytime I backwash that I have the vavle in the correct position. Where can I find a replacement label? I have googled and found nothing. It seems that everything for pool valves are selling all of the expensive parts and not the simple labels. I have contemplated creating one on the computer but that would be a last resort...and not very pretty!! Please assist me in finding a replacement label. Thanks
Denise

Postby Denise » Sat 22 May, 2010 07:56

Joe: I have another request for help for my older equipment. I have a diving board that is falling apart. My kids (two teenage boys) love the diving board and want to replace it, not remove it. I cant find a replacement board in my search all over the internet. The labeling on the underside says "Aqua Board", "Aquaslide N Dive of Brownsville, Tx." Any suggestions? I could provide a picture. This is worth a lot of really good family times that I would like to pursue. Thanks, again!
Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Wed 26 May, 2010 12:07

Hi Denise, sorry I haven't been on for a while, busy around here. I'm looking in to the multiport for you. Would you be able to post a picture of the diving board in the meantime? I would like to see how old it is and if the base is compatible with other brands.
Xclusive
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Xclusive » Wed 26 May, 2010 12:18

Ok Denise this may be a long shot because i'm not sure how old your multiport valve is, but I understand it's a Tagelus correct?

click here http://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-80-pentair-tagelus-ta-filter-parts.aspx and then click on enlarge image, to see if it matches your model. If it does, the part # should be 18 on the image and #272599 listed below. Hope this helps.
asgouros
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: gunnite

Postby asgouros » Wed 16 Jun, 2010 13:07

I have this exact board in 10 foot size. It is marked on back with "aqua-slide brownsville texas" on back. It has two pieces of wood encased in fiberglass and running along the undersurface. We no longer use it.It is in good condition but used. If interested contact me by email.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”