Need help on raising height of side walls of new pool

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
hcpatey
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in the midst of building a free form inground pool 30' long and 19' wide. Contractor built it 3" too low, so now does not match up with existing patios.

Need help on raising height of side walls of new pool

Postby hcpatey » Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:15

We are in a bind, we contracted to have an in ground pool installed where we could extend our existing patio made of pavers to the coping. The contractor put in the rebar, and shot the shotcrete, but the height of the in ground pool after we place the coping is at least 3" lower than OUR surrounding paver patio! We don't know what to do. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Need help on raising height of side walls of new pool

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 27 Dec, 2016 06:37

Did you not specify that you wanted the pool level with the existing patio?
3" isn't a lot, do you have enough room to slope the existing down to the pool remembering to put a gully in to stop rainwater running into the pool.The only alternative is to put a step in
hcpatey
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in the midst of building a free form inground pool 30' long and 19' wide. Contractor built it 3" too low, so now does not match up with existing patios.

Postby hcpatey » Tue 27 Dec, 2016 07:26

Denniswiseman wrote:Did you not specify that you wanted the pool level with the existing patio?
3" isn't a lot, do you have enough room to slope the existing down to the pool remembering to put a gully in to stop rainwater running into the pool.The only alternative is to put a step in

Hi, thanks very much for your comments and questions. We did specify that and we talked about it in great detail. We have at best about 3' separation between the existing patio and the pool. The coping has not yet been installed. So I'm thinking with the gully the height difference may be even more than 3"... So looks like some kind of step has to be done, even though that will look really ugly. Adding 3 to 4 inches of shotcrete on top of the already installed shotcrete intuitively doesn't seem like a an option?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 04:08

There isn't a good way of extending your shotcrete unless you gun down to the rebar and add more rebar but being as it's new you may do more damage than you want
marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby marvinwalters » Sat 28 Jan, 2017 01:35

You can even install a pool fence to ensure safety.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”