Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
smithsrus
I'm new here
I'm new here

Is this pool worth saving?

Postby smithsrus » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 21:00

I'm in the process of buying a house with a severely neglected pool. The fiberglass walls look OK but the liner and sand are gone. The pool has trees growing in and is full of trash. This was a beautiful pool about 6 years ago. I've never seen a pool in this bad a shape and know it will take a lot just to get the junk out of it, but hoping it is worth saving and wanted to get opinions from those who have dealt with restoring neglected pools. See the pics...
Attachments
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Is this pool worth saving?

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 04:18

What a shame it has been so neglected
It all depends on whether you want a pool and how much you are willing to pay or if you want to remodel in Gunite
You already have the basis with a large hole which you don't have to pay to be dug out and disposed of. Most of trees and timber can be burnt
My suggestion is think of what you want and then get a professional involved
smithsrus
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby smithsrus » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 15:15

It really is a shame, and the house has been neglected too. Cost is the main factor, and it's going to cost either way... to bust up the concrete and fill in the pool, or to restore the pool. I'd rather keep and restore it as long as it's not *too* much. I'll definitely get some quotes after closing on the house.
BruceKirk
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool is big and huge.

Postby BruceKirk » Thu 11 May, 2017 00:38

Yes, smithsrus you get in contact with some professional swimming pool makeovers who can help you to upgrade your pool in a more attractive way. Last year my brother had bought a new home in the Long Island area. He was also dealing with this same situation, so he had hired a professional pool makeovers who had made a list of makeover changes within his budget which need to be completed. He had also hired a Long Island paving company (http://ramasphaltny.com/masonry/) to make the pool side wall very stylish with the help of the decorative masonry. You, should also consult with some pool makeover supplier because outdoor pools are a great source of fun for the members of your family and for kids.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”