Building a new pool

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
sharerun1

Building a new pool

Postby sharerun1 » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 11:35

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a quick question. I want to build a pool in my back yard but there is a sewer line preventing the vinyl liner pool from being any bigger than 12'x24'. For 29K is that worth it for a pool that small? Should I just sell my home and see if I can't find another house with a pool or with a larger back yard? Can you add a slide to a pool that small? Thanks in advance,

Sharon

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Building a new pool

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 16:30

There are plenty of small pools around, I have no idea of pool prices but get some more quotes
Regards moving you will have to work out whether it is cheaper to move to a bigger house and yard without a sewer line in the way. Also an existing pool could still cost a fair bit if it needs remedial work done
A slide would be no difference than jumping in. Sliding in would be less of an impact
HardKaCe8511
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Yardmore 12x24 oval Hayward De filter not fun to put up

Postby HardKaCe8511 » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 18:39

The wind blew the sides of my new pool off the track the cove went every where ''tis bolted and taped and the liner is installed. Querie what can be done besides taking the bolts out and starting all over
HardKaCe8511
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Yardmore 12x24 oval Hayward De filter not fun to put up

Postby HardKaCe8511 » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 18:45

Shareun1 24x12 is big enough for me to swim in 6'3" ez enough to maintain
marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby marvinwalters » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 22:12

Adding a pool sounds great. I would suggest you to seek professional help. See if they can suggest you a good option.
Poonamdpi
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Poonamdpi » Thu 21 Sep, 2017 07:06

Hello,
If you want to build a new pool then you can contact any pool construction company. There are many pools construction companies.They will properly guide you.
azulverde
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: With pool and spa design, our goal is to give you a water element that is tranquil and enjoyable. You will be able to relax in the sun and enjoy the beautiful and functional design we create. For a pool and spa area, we focus on what really matters: how you plan to use the space.

Postby azulverde » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 06:42

12'x24' swimming pool size is not bad at all. It will provide ample room for creating a wooden patio area with deck chairs. You can mix and match with several design ideas. Check out some small infinity pool designs here!
Glen123
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 1 yard, brick type, white surface, quality pump and filter.

Postby Glen123 » Fri 09 Mar, 2018 02:26

Sounds great. 24x12 is enough to swim buddy. I have no idea about the pool prices but I would suggest you to contact a professional contractor. They can solve your issue.
jluzbet
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12X24 - 6X8 Swimout.

Postby jluzbet » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:56

I am at the pre-plaster stage on a 12X24 with a 6x8 sunbed, It came out bigger than expected so definitely a good size pool, that number is pretty damn close to mine I was $28K including the 800+ feet of deck and salt system with two LED, Variable Speed Pump everything else standard
Cesolar
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Ulrich Pool

Postby Cesolar » Wed 30 May, 2018 05:51

sharerun1 wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum and have a quick question. I want to build a pool in my back yard but there is a sewer line preventing the vinyl liner pool from being any bigger than 12'x24'. For 29K is that worth it for a pool that small? Should I just sell my home and see if I can't find another house with a pool or with a larger back yard? Can you add a slide to a pool that small? Thanks in advance,

Sharon

Thinking off the top of my head, here are a number of things that many pools do wrong that are very easy to do right if you think about it:

* Make the diving well separate if you can. This allows you to keep the diving well water warmer than the competition pool.
* Put in a lot of deck space. Then put in more. Has anyone ever been to a pool that had "enough" deck space?
* Think about storage. Whatever storage space you're building in - double it, at least. There's no such thing as a pool with too much storage.
* Think about running swim meets. Think about where the timing system goes, where meet operations goes, etc. If you put this area above the pool deck level (such as in the spectator area above), make sure there is a fast easy way to get from the "booth" to the pool deck. Also, consider a closed-off deck-level area that is air conditioned for meet operations.
* Think about wires, cabling and electricity. Put in enough electrical to cover any need you might have. Put in plenty of electricity for wherever you want to have a concession stand. The meet operations area needs electricity. Everything should be networked. There should be water-sealed outlets around the pool for data plug in if you need to run a check-in table somewhere on deck, etc.
* Think about traffic patterns and security for different events. Where are people coming from, and going to? Can you design entrances so that everyone flows through a single choke point area so it's easy to get information to people if you need to? Is it easy to keep spectators off the pool deck for certain events?
* Walls. People will tape things to the walls. So make the walls with something that resists tape damage. (I.e., use tiles on the walls instead of a painted or other surface).
* PA. Think about how you will be doing public address, and designing so that people can hear the PA system everywhere in the pool. For big meets, does your PA also work out in the hallway where your concession stand is?
* Deep. Make it deep enough to be a good fast pool.
* Climate. Skylights can be awkward (as someone else pointed out)... both with cold winter condensation, and also blinding sunlight during backstroke events.
* Multi-use. Think about designing such that you can get as many uses as you can.. swimming, diving, aquarobics, fitness, water polo, etc.
* Locker rooms. Put in enough showers. Has anyone ever been to a pool that had too many showers?

All the best: https://diceus.com/software-development ... s-ukraine/

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”