swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
CanadianConcrete
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x40 12ft deep concrete marbleite pool. In Ontario Canada

Trex around concrete pool

Postby CanadianConcrete » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 11:46

The vinyl coping around my pool is cracking and coming off. I want to replace it but I want to use something really sturdy!the current coping is thin white vinyl and looks like it is meant to have a liner attached to it. However my pool is concrete. Is it the wrong coping for this application?

We’d love to do brick coping but it would mean we would have to cut the concrete back. $$$. So that got me thinking of alternatives.

Does anyone know if I can use Trex composite lumber around my pool. I plan to use it as the pools coping. A single Vertical piece that I would screw into the concrete. All the way around the pools circumference.

Thanks
Attachments
48989A66-9F8E-46F7-8908-8F6E5EE41901.jpeg
EB654249-BD71-49A1-BFF0-199C46D9FE59.jpeg

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Trex around concrete pool

Postby Teapot » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 13:45

Hmm a bit weird looking. There are pools that use composite boards around the top, got to look better but composite contains wood fibres so it may bleach out a bit. I think I would stick some strong chlorine on a test piece and try it whilst you make up your mind.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”