Resin bound pool surround - indoor pool

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Littlemiss_shopper
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 9.5m by 4.5m indoor in ground pool built in the 1960s currently being refurbished.

Resin bound pool surround - indoor pool

Postby Littlemiss_shopper » Fri 16 Oct, 2020 15:15

Hi all, first post on here as we are mid-renovation of a pool built in the 1960s - what a learning curve!!
We have quite an uneven floor surround to the pool, the shape of the floor is quirky and would be an nightmare to tile whilst still trying to keep clean lines. So we are thinking of a resin bound floor which is anti slip and porous enough for the surface water to drain to the hidden channel drains. Does anyone have any advice or pitfalls to avoid? The google research I’ve done seems to just go down the lines of outdoor driveways although a few have photos of indoor pool surrounds they’ve completed. The pool construction company we have don’t have anyone in the resin field to recommend and said we need to speak to someone who has had it done as the indoor pool surrounds need to be completely dust free prior to application, careful application to avoid splashing onto other surfaces, correct mixing so the stone doesn’t ‘fall to the bottom of the mix’. We reside in North West of the UK. Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Resin bound pool surround - indoor pool

Postby Teapot » Sat 17 Oct, 2020 02:40

Only ever used this on an outdoor pool. We used the usual decorators protection to mask off areas. The mix is thick enough that the stone doesn't sink to the bottom.
Littlemiss_shopper
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 9.5m by 4.5m indoor in ground pool built in the 1960s currently being refurbished.

Re: Resin bound pool surround - indoor pool

Postby Littlemiss_shopper » Fri 30 Oct, 2020 10:50

Thanks Teapot appreciate your response. We are now having to rethink the idea of tiles instead.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”