Lay Pool Builder

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Lennyt1986
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I installed it myself 16x32 filling with water one end baggy other away from wall at corners

Lay Pool Builder

Postby Lennyt1986 » Mon 26 Sep, 2022 10:06

Good Morning,
I would be lying if if did not tell you I am scared a little bit. I started putting water in pool and notice one end baggy other end so tight liner doesn’t touch the corners. As a point of reference never seen this done or owned a pool . Any suggestions

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Lay Pool Builder

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 27 Sep, 2022 08:32

Obviously you need to start again
I take it is an above ground pool? is the base level? did you lay the liner out so that it reached into each corner
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 27 Sep, 2022 11:21

Seconded! Maybe thats Why Mike said his folks liner only lasted 2 years because it was fitted badly only with a few million vinyl lined pools in Europe I am sure a 2 year lifespan would have been noticed by now.
Do it right and save pain and expense later.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Abigail41
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: A rectangular shaped pool with a depth of 4 feet and a length of 24 feet. The water is circulated through a sand filter, through a water balance and then finally through a variable speed pump. The pump and filter are controlled by a solar system which turns the pump on and off and regulates the speed of the pump.

Postby Abigail41 » Thu 22 Dec, 2022 19:29

Lennyt1986 wrote:Good Morning,
I would be lying if if did not tell you I am scared a little bit. I started putting water in pool and notice one end baggy other end so tight liner doesn’t touch the corners. As a point of reference never seen this done or owned a pool . Any suggestions

First of all don't take this as an insult, but I don't think you should be installing a pool on your own. It would be too easy to make a mistake and end up with a leaky pool. Pool liner installation is a rather complex operation since it basically involves installing a flexible material on a flexible material. That said, I would suggest you call a pool installer ( https://www.poolhelpforum.com/ )to have this pool liner installed. If it is a professional, he or she should be able to finish the job for you in one or two tries. You see, you might find this difficult to predict the placement of liner corners, but a professional can do this in a flash. This is why it would be a great idea to let a professional install your pool liner.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”