inground pool conversion

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
betsyglasser

inground pool conversion

Postby betsyglasser » Mon 12 Dec, 2016 14:51

interested in purchasing property with existing rectangular shaped inground pool -- hoping to eliminate pool but do not where to start -- would like to lay a foundation or slab and add an addition -- does the entire pool need to come out or can it be broken up to use on bottom before laying a foundation? -- would better alternative be to remove and fill and let settle before laying new slab/foundation? -- thoughts would be appreciated before I get myself in over my head so to speak --

Fipol Pool
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: inground pool conversion

Postby Fipol Pool » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 10:01

betsyglasser wrote:interested in purchasing property with existing rectangular shaped inground pool -- hoping to eliminate pool but do not where to start -- would like to lay a foundation or slab and add an addition -- does the entire pool need to come out or can it be broken up to use on bottom before laying a foundation? -- would better alternative be to remove and fill and let settle before laying new slab/foundation? -- thoughts would be appreciated before I get myself in over my head so to speak --

The single piece fiberglass pools (one piece / monoblock) are the ones who comes to the mind at first when the subject is fast and easy pool assembling for villas especially in the U.S.A. and Europe. Just because there is no grouting space, there is no problem of dirt collection, so this is a big plus when compared to the other pool types. These pools are also preferred because of their smooth surfaces which is much easier to clean and hygenic than any other pool. Pease contact me from meric.karalar@fipol.com.tr
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 13 Jan, 2017 03:54

betsyglasser wrote:interested in purchasing property with existing rectangular shaped inground pool -- hoping to eliminate pool but do not where to start -- would like to lay a foundation or slab and add an addition -- does the entire pool need to come out or can it be broken up to use on bottom before laying a foundation? -- would better alternative be to remove and fill and let settle before laying new slab/foundation? -- thoughts would be appreciated before I get myself in over my head so to speak --

You really need to to get a structural engineer to check out what you can do. If you can keep it under the extension you would have a large storage area
Shawsid
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16×32 inground

Postby Shawsid » Tue 30 Apr, 2019 14:26

I have a 16x32 in ground pool with vinyl liner and wanting to put a above ground pool inside of in ground frame. And was wondering what all I would have to do ?
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 30 Apr, 2019 23:16

Wondering why?
Shawsid
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16×32 inground

Postby Shawsid » Wed 01 May, 2019 11:57

wondering what alli will have to do for it to work

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”