Fibreglass or concrete pool for canal home???

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
ejonespom
I'm new here
I'm new here

Fibreglass or concrete pool for canal home???

Postby ejonespom » Fri 20 Jan, 2017 06:14

Hi guys
We are building a new home on Bribie island, Brisbane and are just deciding on what pool we want to put in. We are building on a canal block (M class soil) and have been told NOT to install a fibreglass pool as overtime it will essentially pop due to the movement in the ground. We've been advised by our builder to go concrete instead.
Is this true?
I would have thought a fibreglass pool would cope better with movements than a concrete? We have a concrete at the moment and think it's a much cooler temp pool and don't really like the rough feeling and aesthetics.
Any help and guidance would be great
Thanks
Emma

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Fibreglass or concrete pool for canal home???

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 20 Jan, 2017 16:44

I can not advise you on this as local ground conditions should be advised by a soil expert
However the only problem I can see with a fibreglass pool shell is if you drain the pool completely with a high water table it could float
This can be avoided by running drainage from under the pool to an external sump and then form a manhole to drain out with a sump pump
marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby marvinwalters » Fri 27 Jan, 2017 07:27

I would suggest you to opt for fiberglass.
Poonamdpi
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Poonamdpi » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 05:51

Hello,

According to my point of view, I will suggest you fiberglass pool. Because fiberglass pool are easy to install and it has low maintenance cost. This type of pool looks more attractive as compared to other pool types. You can do amazing things with a fiberglass swimming pool. It is lifetime pool.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”