Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Orca123

Renovate Existing Pool - Equipment Help

Postby Orca123 » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 00:38

Hi,

First post here.

I am considering renovating my pool and have gotten a few bids from some contractors and wondering what is the best way to go about my equipment.

My current pool is 38 feet x 17 feet about with a shallow end at about 3 feet deep and a deep end at about 8 feet in deep.

My current spa is about 8 feet x 8 feet with a dept of about 4 feet. The spa is detached from the pool.

I had one contractor recommend to put 1 heater, 1 filter and 1 pump and share these between the pool and spa with a separate booster pump for the spa jets. (This equipment will be shared between the pool and spa alternating throughout the day)

I had another contractor recommend to 1 filter and 1 pump for the pool and 1 heater, 1 filter and 1 pump for the spa. (No heater for the pool as it gets warm enough to use the pool without a heater here)

The first option being more economical which way would be the best option to have my equipment? Also what equipment would you guys recommend? How much horsepower for the pump on the pool and spa, what size filter for the pool and spa, and what kind of heater for the spa?

Thanks in advance for your help

pedro12
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Renovate Existing Pool - Equipment Help

Postby pedro12 » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 04:29

Hey, there are so many companies that renovates pools, i want you to post some pictures of your pool so i can give you the best advice or a video would be very help full.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Renovate Existing Pool - Equipment Help

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:06

One thing to be carefull of and that is to match your pump to your filter you don't want a pump that is pushing to much water through your filter as it won't filter that well, go for as large a filter as possible that way you can have plenty in reserve. I would be inclined to go with the first option as you can have a bigger pump and filter
Also look at a variable speed pump which can save a lot on electricity

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”