Inground pool liner problem

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
pinkerpv
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: L shaped 16 feet wide 40 feet long. 30,000 gal inground. steps in shallow end. diving board on deep end. About 15 years old. Liner agout 6-7 years old. Haywood sand filter, UTC pump/filter. Concrete patio all around with tile around waters edge.

Inground pool liner problem

Postby pinkerpv » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 09:50

I have an inground pool liner that has pulled away in a corner. There is a 6 ft long horizontal tear a few inches below the liner bead. The liner has pulled away from the pool side about 10 inches and the gap between the bead and the top of the tear is about 6 inches. A water leak thru the light fixture allowed the wtr level to drop. I did not repair immediately and the liner pulled away. I have about 10 feet of matching liner I can repair the tear with.

I have repaired the leak at the light fixture and am planning to repair the tear by raising the water level to a few inches below the tear hoping the water will force the liner back to the pool wall. May have to use heat or hot water to soften the liner a little. Will the water force the liner back to the wall? Then put the bead of the original liner back in the notch and force the bead of the liner patch into the notch also. Then vinyl cement the liner patch to the existing liner. After glue dries fill the pool to proper level.

Edit: Would it work if I remove bead on old liner at the tear and then just put in new liner material with new bead? I am worried that I will not be able to get new liner bead over old bead in several places.

Will this work? Any advice is appreciated.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”