swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
bails
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: an 8X4 meter bean shaped in ground fibre glass pool

Skimmer return tube advice needed

Postby bails » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:40

Hi, I've had an under ground fibre glass pool for 10 years and I noticed a lot of water loss this year. It is disapearing down the tube in the skimmer so I have been trying to dig down to find the problem and repair it. Unfortunately the tube is over 5 feet down in some places and I thought it might be a good idea to simply disconnect the old tube and replace a long section of the tube higher up and reconnect to the existing tube just before it goes in the pool house. If so, does it matter how high I run it without it not functioning properly. I pressume the pump does the pulling when it is selected. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Skimmer return tube advice needed

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 13 Jun, 2017 15:11

Seems like a perfectly reasonable way to replace it as you don't need to go down 5 feet, the only problem is if it will freeze. Do you winterise?
If it's alllowed in your area Flexpipe buried in sand would be a good way to go as you won't have to make your new trench totaly flat

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”