Pool Contractor Mess up - Please Help

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
michael-ng

Pool Contractor Mess up - Please Help

Postby michael-ng » Sun 09 Jul, 2017 13:05

I need to replace my pool liner track and the pool vinyl so I Hired this guy. I put down $1000 deposit (by credit card ) for him to order the pool vinyl. He is totally disorganize and I think dishonest. He does stuff that change my pool shape without letting me know ahead of time. Please take a look at the video I made and read the story, I really need expert opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB6hkxL ... e=youtu.be

1 - I asked him to make the pool deep from 8.75 feet to 6.75 feet and he ordered the wrong vinyl that fit the old pool (still 8.75 feet deep). When he got to my house with that vinyl he said if I want to make it 6.75 deep he has to buy material (sand) to raise the level and it would cost $2000 extra for the sand. He also said he will send the vinyl back to the manufacturing for resizing for free. I think he is BS, he realized he messed up and want to use that $2000 to reorder another vinyl and I think no one can resize the vinyl like that.

2 - After a few day of construction, I realized he didn't replaced my pool track, he put on my old track another track. That totally messed up because now my vinyl pop out and look very fragile. the contractor said "it is oke, it is normal, trust me...etc" He said If i want him to pull out the old track and put the new track in, it would cost me another $3000 extra.

3 - It is been a few day and I don't know what action to take now, I can't just leave the pool like that since the contractor hasn't cut the hole for the water to be filtering and cleaning. He asked me to buy 4 gallon of chlorine to put into the pool in the mean time because he can't cut the water filtering hole unless i pay him the full amount.

Thank you guy for taking your time to read this. I really appreciate your opinion.

michael-ng

Re: Pool Contractor Mess up - Please Help

Postby michael-ng » Sun 09 Jul, 2017 13:12

I need to replace my pool liner track and the pool vinyl so I Hired this guy. I put down $1000 deposit (by credit card ) for him to order the pool vinyl. He is totally disorganize and I think dishonest. He does stuff that change my pool shape without letting me know ahead of time. Please take a look at the video I made and read the story, I really need expert opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB6hkxL ... e=youtu.be

1 - I asked him to make the pool deep from 8.75 feet to 6.75 feet and he ordered the wrong vinyl that fit the old pool (still 8.75 feet deep). When he got to my house with that vinyl he said if I want to make it 6.75 deep he has to buy material (sand) to raise the level and it would cost $2000 extra for the sand. He also said he will send the vinyl back to the manufacturing for resizing for free. I think he is BS, he realized he messed up and want to use that $2000 to reorder another vinyl and I think no one can resize the vinyl like that.

2 - After a few day of construction, I realized he didn't replaced my pool track, he put on my old track another track. That totally messed up because now my vinyl pop out and look very fragile. the contractor said "it is oke, it is normal, trust me...etc" He said If i want him to pull out the old track and put the new track in, it would cost me another $3000 extra.

3 - there are wrinkle everywhere, you can see it clearly in the video.

4 - It is been a few day and I don't know what action to take now, I can't just leave the pool like that since the contractor hasn't cut the hole for the water to be filtering and cleaning. He asked me to buy 4 gallon of chlorine to put into the pool in the mean time because he can't cut the water filtering hole unless i pay him the full amount.

Is this pool considered normal, the fragile look, the wrinkle, the hole in 4 corner, do you think I should just stop doing business with this guy any hire another contractor to finish the work and do it right.
Thank you guy for taking your time to read this. I really appreciate your opinion.
azulverde
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: With pool and spa design, our goal is to give you a water element that is tranquil and enjoyable. You will be able to relax in the sun and enjoy the beautiful and functional design we create. For a pool and spa area, we focus on what really matters: how you plan to use the space.

Postby azulverde » Mon 29 Jan, 2018 01:48

Please contact our company Azul Verde Design Group Inc. Azul Verde offers plethora of services from Landscape Architecture, Pool and Spa development, Outdoor Living Amenities and Landscape maintenance.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 29 Jan, 2018 05:47

Awful work! I don't know the law where you are but I would certainly contact someone about it. Does your home insurance come with some legal protection you can use?

Don't get another company involved yet, if they interfere it may nullify any claim, the insurers will have their own investigators. Also be careful using social media too soon, it could prejudice a claim maybe

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”