Can my pool be saved?

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
aDudeInTexas
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In-ground with fiberglass liner.

Can my pool be saved?

Postby aDudeInTexas » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 13:05

https://imgur.com/a/2aFyw

This is the mess that was in the backyard of a house I bought. A good amount of the fiberglass was cut out and I have cut more of it out. Is there anything that can be done to save it? I have sandblasted and plastered a pool before with Diamond Brite marcite plaster. I have also done fiberglass work, however I think these liners come in one giant piece. I've changed filters, sand and pumps before.

Will gunite work? A new liner? Gunite and marcite plaster? Can it be saved? Is it gonna be worth it? I've never messed with a pool this bad before.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Can my pool be saved?

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 16:43

Is this a concrete/gunite pool plastered and then coated with fibreglass when the plaster failed
Providing your pipework and shell is sound you could patch it up and then re-fibreglass it all, with about three layers
I doubt that the fibreglass came in one piece because there is a concrete shell behind it
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Can my pool be saved?

Postby Teapot » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 14:01

Some crack stitching to be done, stainless rods and epoxy filler. If you have the money then a weld on site liner could work well.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”