Pre-Contraction Pool Help! (Contractor? - please help!)

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
ScottDAndersen
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pre-Contraction Pool Help! (Contractor? - please help!)

Postby ScottDAndersen » Sat 31 Mar, 2018 22:35

I could really use someones help here. To summarize, we are looking to build an inground swimming pool, however, when looking at our as built we are concerned that our septic tank and/or drain field is exactly where we would like the pool. With that being said, we are not experts and are not sure how to understand them entirely. If this is the case, we are willing to move the septic and drain field to accommodate the new pool. My biggest concern is that we pay 12-20k to move the septic tank and then we get turned down for the pool.

I could really use someones advice on the process to take to resolve this! First, we want to understand if we can have an inground pool in our septic's current location. If not, we want to understand how we know if we can get one if we move the septic.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pre-Contraction Pool Help! (Contractor? - please help!)

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 01 Apr, 2018 02:18

If you require city planning in your area, submit plans showing all the proposed work.
I had to re-route a drainage run to accomodate my pool installation
ScottDAndersen
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby ScottDAndersen » Sun 01 Apr, 2018 10:30

Denniswiseman wrote:If you require city planning in your area, submit plans showing all the proposed work.
I had to re-route a drainage run to accomodate my pool installation

Thank you! so helpful. Who did you work through during this process? We are trying to think of all obstacles on our own and we are clearly not the experts. Who told you you needed to have your drain pipe adjusted and who drew up the plans?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 01 Apr, 2018 16:19

I'm in the UK and we don't have such stringent rules as the States
Check with prospective local pool builders as to what is required
I didn't need any one to tell me, my drainage pipe had to be moved because it crossed over the pool area. I just got a contractor in to move it to a more suitable position
Ckiffer
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14x30 flamenco fiberglass pool by lathem.

Re: RE: Pre-Contraction Pool Help! (Contractor? - please help!)

Postby Ckiffer » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 22:11

ScottDAndersen wrote:I could really use someones help here. To summarize, we are looking to build an inground swimming pool, however, when looking at our as built we are concerned that our septic tank and/or drain field is exactly where we would like the pool. With that being said, we are not experts and are not sure how to understand them entirely. If this is the case, we are willing to move the septic and drain field to accommodate the new pool. My biggest concern is that we pay 12-20k to move the septic tank and then we get turned down for the pool.

I could really use someones advice on the process to take to resolve this! First, we want to understand if we can have an inground pool in our septic's current location. If not, we want to understand how we know if we can get one if we move the septic.
We just ran into problem with our pool. The pool company never confirmed where our septic was..and dug up our drain field. Not bad..my husband replaced sections of hose. The problem with a drain field is that for the size of your drain field you need same size for repair area. Half our yard was drain field..the other half was designated repair area. Mind you..we have almost 1 1/2 acres of property. The only way for us to get our pool was to relocate our repair area..we called environmental health..and they came out and marked exactly where our drain field was..then we had to pay $500 for a soil evaluation for the new repair area. It was our cheapest option. And after our pool was installed in the new spot..i actually like it.better where it is now. Do your homework..and don't assume pool company is doing their job. I asked them about the permits and assured me everything was fine. Make sure you double check with environmental health first.good luck..

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”