Removal of On-Ground/Semi In-Ground Pool - need help

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
ktgrl8383

Removal of On-Ground/Semi In-Ground Pool - need help

Postby ktgrl8383 » Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:31

We bought a home 3 years ago with a pool - I don't know the proper term for it, we've been told it's an "On-ground" pool - it's built into the steep hill that is our backyard. After a couple of years trying to learn how to be pool owners, we've come to the decision that it's more work than fun for us. We would like to have it removed but I'm having a hard time researching how to do it when most internet searches give me inground pool results or above ground pool results. It seems hard to find info on "on-ground" pools. Any assistance in who we should hire, or can it be DIYed? Is it possible to sell it? I'd like to finally get this job tackled but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start. Any help is appreciated.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Removal of On-Ground/Semi In-Ground Pool - need help

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 02:01

What is the construction? If a typical above ground pool just drain and remove, if concrete you will require a jack hammer and an excavator

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”