swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
biggreydog
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in ground, infinity edge, salt system

infinity edge, scale, quartz

Postby biggreydog » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 18:51

Hello all. I have an infinity pool edge with glass tile on the back face where the water falls over. Our water is very hard, and our pool service pretty much is on top of trying to minimize the issues because of this. There is a large amount of scale that develops because of the water over the edge because of the irregularity of the joints between the tiles. We also have issues with tiles popping off [they are small size] due to freeze/thaw conditions in the winter in addition to the size of the tile itself.

Because of this, we have contemplated removing the glass tile from the back face of the infinity edge and were wondering if this could be stuccoed/plastered with a quartz plaster type of surface [which is what we have in the pool]. Has anyone heard of doing this and any thoughts from the experts out there?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: infinity edge, scale, quartz

Postby Teapot » Tue 01 May, 2018 15:43

Sounds like a plan.
biggreydog
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in ground, infinity edge, salt system

Postby biggreydog » Tue 01 May, 2018 16:01

Thanks... Nothing to worry about with this potential change/setup? Do you think calcium would be less in this situation?
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Thu 03 May, 2018 09:41

It may not show but unless your pool people actually lower the hardness there will be little difference.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”