wrong sand used on pavers?

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.

wrong sand used on pavers?

Postby Guest » Fri 25 May, 2007 08:48

Hi all,
We had a pool installed by a great builder. We then hired a landscaper we had used before. He admitted he had little experience dealing with pools. Our big mistake.
His pavers looked fantastic but I believe he used the wrong sand around the pool area as it often washes into the pool. How can we remedy this problem? Can we just add the new sand in now or do we have to remove the original sand? Most of the sand seems to be gone from between the bricks. It has been 3 years.

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Sat 26 May, 2007 17:18

Look for a product like this or similar to this.

www dot supersandbond dot com

You will need to powerwash the existing sand out from the paver joints, then apply something like the above link.

Postby Guest » Sun 27 May, 2007 17:12

Thank you for your reply.
Im assuming I power wash away from the pool then just push the new sand in??
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Mon 28 May, 2007 16:03

Yes, definately power wash away from the pool. Of course, powerwashing will inevitably still get some in your pool, you are already experiencing that. The new stuff should do the trick.

Postby Guest » Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:58

i had the same issue but i had done the pavers myself. turns out it was calcium remnants. Which comes from adding calcium to the pool or granular shock, stain removers...
Ausartoamen
I'm new here
I'm new here

Sand filtration system

Postby Ausartoamen » Sun 06 Apr, 2008 07:59

Hi,

our client would like to have a sandy pool deck area enveloping his outdoor pool in order to create a beach effect when relaxing by the pool.

However we have concerns about how to keep sand from getting into pool from people's feet when they try to move from the sandy area into the pool.

For this purpose, we've agreed that there needs to be some sort of filter system that lies between the sand and the pool. Our challenge is identifying the best method/system/equipment to install in order to achieve this.

What we have in mind is some sort of sand filter strip, (that acts like a footmat) at least 0.6Meters wide (size of two tread) and say 2-3Metres long.

Please, can anyone reccomend any solutions?

Thank you.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”